catnip (plural catnips)
- (botany) Any of the about 250 species of flowering plant of the genus Nepeta, family Lamiaceae, certain of which are said to have medicinal qualities.
- Nepeta cataria and N. grandiflora (and perhaps other species), which are well-known for causing an apparently harmless pheromone-based intoxication among certain cats.
- Some cats go bonkers over catnip; others ignore it.
- Welcomely refreshing or rejuvenating.
- Her phone call was catnip to my ears.
6 letters in word "catnip": A C I N P T.
No anagrams for catnip found in this word list.
Words found within catnip:
act actin ai ain ait an ani ant anti antic apt at cain can cant cap capi cat cit in inapt it ita na nap nat nip nipa nit pa pac pact pain paint pan panic pant pat patin pi pia pian pic pica pin pina pint pinta pit pita ta tai tain tan tap ti tic tin tip